AAP is excited to announce its first Virtual Dialogue Event of 2021. For our inaugural dialogue, we will be highlighting conversations around COVID-19 Vaccine Inequities in the Global South.
We are delighted to partner with MSU African Studies Center, MSU Asian Studies Center, MSU Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies and MSU Institute for Global Health as co-hosts on this event. We are also looking forward to opening remarks from President of @MSU President Samuel L. Stanley, an expert in epidemiology and public health.
Our speakers will include:
- Tonya Villafana, Global Franchise Head, Infection, AstraZeneca, USA
- Richard Mihigo, Coordinator for Immunization & Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Programme, World Health Organization, Regional Office for Africa, Republic of the Congo
- Douglas Slater, Assistant Secretary General, Human and Social Development, Caribbean Community (CARICOM), Guyana
- Ova Emilia, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing, Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
- Roberto Lopez, Executive Director, Acción Internacional para la Salud (AIS), Peru
- Amit Kumar, Consul General of India, Chicago, USA
This international panel brings together diverse voices from the frontlines of addressing health disparities and inequities in vaccine access and distribution in a global context.
Register at the link below to attend
Learn more about the AAP Public Dialogue Series: https://aap.isp.msu.edu/engage/aap-public-dialogue-series/