Professional Fellows Alumni Webinar:
Creating Sustainable U.S. - East Africa Partnerships for Disability Inclusion
Thursday, May 27, 2021, 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET
The Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) and Humanity & Inclusion (HI) invite you to join a Professional Fellows alumni webinar on how universities, DPOs, and other disability rights groups in the United States and East Africa can create independent, sustainable partnerships that promote inclusive employment and education in lasting ways.
By interacting with a panel of U.S. outbound and Professional Fellows alumni, attendees will learn:
- How universities and disability rights leaders in East Africa can exchange inclusive practices and empower communities.
- How to create professional development opportunities and low-cost trainings that let disability professionals in the U.S. and East Africa learn from each other during the pandemic.
- How to build expertise in inclusive employment and education among teachers and service providers in East Africa remotely.
- Dr. Martin Blair, Executive Director, University of Montana Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities
- Dr. Margo Izzo, Transition Services Director, The Ohio State University Nisonger Center
- Dr. Macdonald Metzger, Director of Outreach, Education, and Interdisciplinary Training, University of Minnesota Institute on Community Integration
- Elizabeth Shiakamiri, Innovation to inclusion (i2i) Programme Manager, Leonard Cheshire, Nairobi, Kenya
- Bijal Lal, Founder and Special Educator, Tujumuishe Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- CART transcription will be available for all attendees. Please contact Siddarth Nagaraj (email@example.com) for any accommodations needs or general inquiries.
- There is no cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- This webinar will be held on the Zoom Platform. You can test your connection with Zoom before joining the meeting here.
- This webinar will be archived.